Dr Foo is a Consultant Specialist General Surgeon with the following qualifications:
• MBBS (Singapore)
• FRCS (Glasgow)
• Diplomate American Board of Surgery
Dr Foo is a visiting consultant and performs breast surgery and other general surgical procedures at our clinic.
He had an active career in teaching of surgery both in his clinical work and as invited faculty for surgical courses.
In addition Dr Foo is the winner of a number of scholarships, including the Local Merit Scholarship in 1979 and Japan Airlines Scholarship, and achieved the 99th percentile in the In Service Examination of the American Board of Surgery. He was also awarded Best Teacher of the Year by the State University of New York in 1994, and subject in Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare in 2006/7.
Till date, Dr Foo’s publications in medical research journals include:
- Study of Mental Health in a New Town in Singapore (Singapore Medical Journal April 1983),
- Acute Splenic and Superior Mesenteric Vein Thrombosis and Its Management (Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 1996),
- Ambulatory Anorectal Surgery: Is it Feasible Locally? (Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 1998),
- Abdominal Surgery in HIV Infected Patients (Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 1998),
- Bile Duct Injuries During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 1999),
- Role of Sonography in Blunt Abdominal Trauma, (Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore 2001),
- Prospective Comparison of Open “Sutureless” Hernia Repair vs Laparoscopic Preperitoneal Hernia Repair (Asian Journal of Surgery 2001),
- The Role of Surgeon Performed Sonography in Acute Right Hypochondral Pain (Asian Journal of Surgery 2001),
- Laparoscopic Totally Extraperitoneal Obturator Hernia Repair using Prosthetic Plug Technique (Asian Journal of Surgery 2003),
- Is Postoperative Pain less after Laparoscopic Hernia Repair? (Asian Journal of Surgery 2003),
- A Comparative Study of Circular Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy under Regional Anaesthesia vs Local Anaesthesia (ANZ Journal of Surgery 2005).