Dark Eye Circles with Tear Trough Fillers
The eyes are the windows to the soul, and is often the one of the first things people when they look at a face.
Having dark eye circles makes us look old and tired. Gratefully, through medical advancements, there is an immediate and non-surgical solution – The Tear Trough (Under Eye) Filler!
In a nutshell, the Tear Trough (Under Eye) Filler procedure reduces our dark eye circles by replenishing our undereye hollows and reduces wrinkles.
What causes dark circles around our eyes?
There are many causes of dark circles around the eyes. Some of which include nature aging, lack of sleep and hormonal changes. Regardless of the cause, dark circles fall into these main categories.
- Increased prominence of blood vessels: This can be caused by dilation of these vessels, or more commonly, thinning of aging skin due to loss of collagen. This is the most common cause of dark eye circles in Asian people
- “Eye Shadows” under the eyes: As we age, the loss of collagen and elasticity in facial skin can cause the area around the eyes to lose volume. This, coupled with sagging skin can cause both eye bags, hollows and wrinkles under the eyes. The brow ridges or the eyes themselves can cast a shadow on these hollows to create the dark circles. This is the second most common cause of dark eye circles.
- Enhanced pigmentation: This has many different causes, including sun damage, melasma, eczema, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation etc.
To distinguish between the different types of dark eye circles, you can use your fingers to stretch the affected skin or press lightly on them. Shadows and wrinkles will fade slightly with stretching, blood vessels will usually (but not always) turn pale with pressure, whereas pigmentation will not subside with both stretching and pressing.
What are Tear Trough (Under Eye) Fillers?
Tear Trough (Under Eye) Fillers are delicate gels which mainly comprises of hyaluronic acid which are natural compounds found in our tissues. As the name suggests, it is mainly used to rectify the second type of dark eye circles, by filling out the hollows under the eyes.
Our clinic carries brands which provides excellent results, such as Juvederm, Restylane and Teosyal.
How do the Tear Trough (Under Eye) Fillers reduce our dark eye circles?
The Tear Trough (Under Eye) Fillers volumizes the sunken eyes to reduce the appearance of your dark eye circles and also stretches the treated area so that it does not appear “hollow”. This is an immediate and non-surgical solution which is strictly done by our qualified doctors.
However, the Tear Trough (Under Eye) Fillers only has a limited effect on the other 2 types of dark eye circles. For these, please consult our doctors who will recommend a more suitable treatment for you.
What exactly are Tear Troughs?
The tear trough is a hollow line which develops from your inner corner of your eyes which extends across to your lower cheek.
As our cheeks gradually fade because of fat loss, our tear trough begins to become deeper and longer.
These hollow areas underneath our eyes is usually one of the most prominent signs of aging.
The Aesthetics Central Tear Trough (Under Eye) Filler procedure.
1) A consultation with our qualified doctors is needed to determine if the Tear Trough (Under Eye) Filler is a suitable treatment for you.
2) Next, numbing cream (topical anaesthesia) will be applied to the undereye areas for 20 to 30 minutes. This is to minimize discomfort during the treatment.
3) Then, the Tear Trough (Under eye) Filler is administered with precision to your undereye area.
4) Last but not least, recovery serums are topically applied to hasten your recovery.
How long can the results last?
Results can be seen immediately after the procedure and usually lasts between 9 to 12 months. However, do note that individual results can vary due to differences in metabolism and lifestyle habits (alcohol consumption etc).
Is there any downtime?
With a precise and proper technique of administration, most of our patients will recover in 1 to 2 days. However, there is a slight risk of some bruising, which may increase the recovery period to 3 to 5 days.
Your immediate solution towards youthful looking eyes is just a call away! Please kindly contact our concierge at 62218221 / 97268856 (sms/whatsapp available).
*Due to the PHMC Act, we are not allowed to publish any “before and after” photos publicly.