Excessive Sweating, also known as Hyperhidrosis, can be a psychologically damaging condition which tends to start during adolescence. The aim of this article is to educate you on the causes of Hyperhidrosis & the various treatments available in our clinic.
What is Hyperhidrosis?
Excessive Sweating (aka Hyperhidrosis) is usually most active in our armpits, feet, groin & hands due to the high concentration of sweat glands in those areas. There are 2 types of hyperhidrosis:
• Focal Hyperhidrosis: This is where excessive sweating is localized. A prime example is “palmoplantar hyperhidrosis” whereby the excessive sweating is focused on the palms & soles.
• Generalized Hyperhidrosis: The entire body is affected by excessive sweating.
What causes Hyperhidrosis?
The causes of Hyperhidrosis could be due to a health condition or for no apparent reason.
• Primary Idiopathic Hyperhidrosis: This is basically an unknown cause. Localized Hyperhidrosis is localized in the majority of the cases.
•Secondary Hyperhidrosis: A person sweats profusely due to an underlying health condition, such as diabetes mellitus, gout, hyperthyroidism, gout, menopause, mercury poisoning or obesity.
For some patients, it becomes so severe that it causes anxiety, discomfort & embarrassment. A patient’s career choices, emotional well-being, personal relationships & self-image may be affected.
Common symptoms of Hyperhidrosis:
• Excessively wet palms of the hands
• Excessively wet soles of the feet
• Frequently sweating
• Noticeable sweating that soaks through clothing
Complications of Excessive Sweating
If hyperhidrosis isn’t treated, it may lead to these common complications:
• Nail infections: Especially in the toenails
• Warts: Skin growth caused by HPV (human papillomavirus)
• Bacterial infections: Especially around your hair follicles
• Heat rashes (prickly heat, miliaria): These are usually itchy, red skin rashes which often cause a stinging sensation. Heat rashes develops when your sweat ducts become blocked & perspiration is trapped underneath your skin.
Effective & Safe
No Downtime & Minimal discomfort
Quick, 15 mins procedure
Results seen after 2 days, peaking after 2 weeks
Your investment is only at $16/unit (excl GST)
1. Botox: Wait, botox aka botulinum toxin? Many of our patients were surprised as botox is commonly used to reduce wrinkles & to reduce muscle mass.
Botox, when used to treat hyperhidrosis, blocks the nerves responsible for activating your sweat glands. Basically, your nerves will not be able to send signals your sweat glands on the areas treated.
Numbing cream is applied on the treated areas before the procedure to minimise discomfort. Tiny needles are micro-administered by our professional doctors (usually in a grid pattern) within 15 minutes. Since there’s no downtime, you’re able to head straight back to work!
Extremely effective & safe
Minimal discomfort & downtime
Usually only 4 treatments are needed for severe cases
Results seen after 1 week, and they’re PERMANENT!
Your investment: From $1,200/session (excl GST)
2. Infini: The Infini combines Radio Frequency (RF) & Skin Needling into a single treatment to give maximum results. These micro-needles deliver extremely effective & powerful fractionated RF energy. This results in thousands of micro-coagulation zones which assists to accurately target the overactive sweat glands which resides in specific areas in your underarms.
The Infini works to inhibit the sweat glands responsible for producing excess sweat which assists to reduce perspiration and prevent those embarrassing sweat marks from surfacing. The results are permanent because your sweat glands are completely blocked!
We hope that you’ve acquired a deeper understanding on excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) & the available treatments. Call us now at 62218221/97268856 for personalised assessment & consultation from our qualified doctors from $0!